Select from the List for details
Early Life and Education:
Koel was born in Kolkata to Bengali film actor Ranjit Mallick and Deepa Mallick, of Kolkata's notable Mallick Bari of Bhowanipore (i.e., the Mallick family, which is closely associated with the powerful Barat and Gupta families), known for its Durga Puja. Koel did her schooling from Modern High School for Girls, and completed a BSc (honors) in psychology from the Gokhale Memorial Girls' College, an affiliated college of the University of Calcutta.
Mallick's screen debut was in Nater Guru - opposite Jeet. Nater Guru was a super hit at the box office. The film, released in 2003, marked Mallick's entry into Tollywood. She also won her very first award for Best Actor in Leading Role Female from 4th Tele Cine Awards 2004 for Nater Guru. Nater Guru, which has Jeet in the male lead, sees Mallick playing the role of a 23-year-old girl named Monica. Since the release of Nater Guru the pair has worked together often, appearing in eleven films.
In 2004, she starred in Debipaksha, Shudhu Tumi, Badsha The King and Bandhan. While the first two performed poorly at the box office, Bandhan was a huge success in Bengal and was a blockbuster at the box office. It was also the highest grossing Bengali film of 2004.
In 2005, Mallick appeared in Shubhodrishti, Manik, Yuddho and Chore Chore Mastuto Bhai. She appeared in Yuddho opposite actors Mithun Chakraborty and Debasree Roy. The film recorded an initial collection of ₹ 12 million (12 million) in its first week. In 2006, she took on a more serious role in MLA Fatakeshto in which she played a reporter. She also starred in the Bengali remake of Love Story, the 2008 film Love.
Mallick made her television debut with her talk-show Katha O Kahini. The show went on to the channel Star Jalsha. In 2013 Koel was on TV again as a celebrity judge in the Bengali version of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa along with renowned Bollywood choreographer Remo D'Souza. The show aired on ETV Bangla.
Mallick has also appeared on the popular soap Bojhena Se Bojhena which is also aired on STAR Jalsha. Apart from these, she has been Maa Durga in Mahalaya , a show which was aired on STAR Jalsha on the morning of Mahalaya in 2011.
Koel Mallick married Nispal Singh (Rane) on 1 February 2013. They had been in a relationship for seven years before that, but both of them had decided to keep their relationship away from the glamour world of Tollywood.
- 2015 - Besh Korechi Prem Korechi
- 2015 - Herogiri
- 2014 - Highway
- 2014 - Chaar
- 2014 - Arundhati
- 2013 - Rangbaaz
- 2012 - Doshomi
- 2012 - Paglu 2
- 2012 - Hemlock Society
- 2012 - Jaanemon
- 2012 - 100% Love
- 2011 - Paglu
- 2010 - Mon Je Kore Uru Uru
- 2010 - Dui Prithibi
- 2010 - Prem By Chance
- 2010 - Bolo Na Tumi Amar
- 2009 - Hitlist
- 2009 - Neel Akasher Chadni
- 2009 - Jackpot
- 2009 - Saat Paake Bandha
- 2008 - Bor Asbe Ekhuni
- 2008 - Love
- 2008 - Chirosathi
- 2008 - Mon Mane Na
- 2008 - Premer Kahini
- 2007 - Chander Bari
- 2007 - Mahanayak
- 2007 - Minister Fatakeshto
- 2007 - Nabab Nandini
- 2006 - MLA Fatakeshto
- 2006 - Shikar
- 2006 - Ghatok
- 2006 - Eri Naam Prem
- 2006 - Hero
- 2005 - Chore Chore Mastuto Bhai
- 2005 - Shubhodrishti
- 2005 - Yuddho
- 2005 - Manik
- 2004 - Debipaksha
- 2004 - Shudhu Tumi
- 2004 - Bandhan
- 2004 - Badsha The King
- 2003 - Nater Guru
- 4th Tele Cine Awards 2004 for the film Nater Guru 2003
- Kalakar Awards
- BFJA Awards 2013 for Best Actress Hemlock Society 2012
- ZEE Bangla Gourav Samman Award for Best Actress (Bolo Na Tumi Amar)
- Star Jalsha Award for Best Actress (Dui Prithibi)
- ZEE Bangla Gourav Samman Award for Best Actress (Hemlock Society)
- "Tollywood top girls on the go, at a glance". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India). 4 September 2004. Retrieved 8 September 2008.
- Mitra, Aindrila (24 April 2004). "Koel's on a Tolly high with Nater Guru". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- "10 Questions – Koel Mullick". Calcutta, India: telegraphindia.com. 28 January 2008. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- Kushali Nag (3 October 2007). "A Tale of Tenderness". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India). Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- Nag, Kushali (29 April 2010). "Star talk". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India). Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- Nag, Kushali (11 February 2013). "Star talk". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India). Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- Mukherjee, Roshni (7 April 2011). "Koel Mullick shoots for an electronic brand". The Times of India. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "আজ কোয়েলের বিয়ে". Prothom Alo. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- "Feb wedding for Koel". The Times of India (Calcutta, India). 27 August 2012. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "Kalakar award winners" (PDF). Kalakar website. Retrieved 16 October 2012.