Select from the List for details
Life and Career:
Sengupta was born to parents Rudraprasad Sengupta and Swatilekha Sengupta in Kolkata. She was married to actor Goutam Halder till 2006 before their divorce. In 2013 she married her co-actor Saptarshi Moulik at a private ceremony.
Sohini is one of the leading actors of the Bengali theatre group Nandikar. As a member of the group she has worked with prominent theatre personalities such as Debshankar Halder, Sumanto Gangopadhyay and Parthapratim Deb, and was awarded Sangeet Natak Akademi’s 2007 ‘Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar’ for contributions to theatre. She also played a supporting role in Aparna Sen’s film Paromitar Ek Din (2000) for which she won the Best Supporting Actress award at the 2000 National Film Awards.
- Gotraheen (this was the first play where Swatilekha and Sohini– mother and daughter worked together).
- Sojon Badiyar Ghat
- Amaar Priyo Rabindranath'
- Anto Adi Anto
- Tomaar Naam
- Nagar Kirtan
- Tomar Naam
Awards & Honours:
- 1999 - National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for Paromitar Ek Din (as Sohini Haldar)
- 2007 - Sangeet Natak Akademi Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar for her contribution to theatre.
- 2013 - ABP Ananda Sera Bangali
- "Sohini Sengupta on theatre, Nandikar and more-Interview". Calcuttaweb. Retrieved 25 June 2012.
- "My mom and me". India Today. 27 February 2009. Retrieved 25 June 2012.
- Sengupta, Ratnottama, ed. (September 2000). 47th National Film Festival 2000 (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. p. 31.
- "Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar 2007". Sangeet Natak Akademi. Retrieved 23 March 2015.